31 Oct 5 Steps to Becoming a Taxi Driver in Sydney
Bondi Beach, the Opera House and delicious restaurants, makes Sydney unmistakably unique.
Australia’s largest city with its iconic beaches, harbour side locations and multicultural population, it’s no wonder there are 4.7 million inhabitants. Sydney boasts spectacular stunning scenery and famous landmarks.
Black & White Cabs has landed in Sydney and it’s a great time to join our growing family. If you have the drive and would like to be your own boss, you could earn a great income by becoming a professional Sydney driver with Black & White Cabs.
It’s easy! Just follow our 5-step guide and you’ll be on your way.
Step 1: Complete an application- Passenger Transport Licence Code
- You will need to complete the application form (Click Here) provided and submit this to your local NSW Service department
- Find your local Service in NSW- Click here
Step 2: Request to Drive
- Once you have your Passenger Transport Licence Code, you will need to request to complete an application to become a Point to Point Transport Vehicle Driver and submit this application to your nearest Government Service Location in NSW
- Find your nearest Government Service Location in NSW- Click here
Step 3: Wait to be notified by a Government Service NSW representative
- Government Service NSW will notify you if your application is successful. A Passenger Transport Code (PTP Code or T Condition) will be applied to your current NSW Drivers Licence in the Roads & Maritime Service System
Step 4: Register for an ABN
- Register for an Australian Business Number (ABN) and Goods & Services Tax (GST), once your Passenger Transport License code has been approved. Click here to Apply
Step 5: Become a driver
Once your Point to Point Transport Vehicle Driver Application has been approved, contact Black & White Cabs on 1300 159 147 to complete your application. Alternatively, visit our website www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au/new-driver and fill out your details and one of our friendly staff will contact you to assist you with your application.
Driver Engagement Team