19 Nov The Complete Guide to Becoming a Taxi Driver in Perth
Sandy beaches, riverside parks and cultural diversity makes Perth a vibrant and beautiful city.
With its mild winters and warm summers, Perth is officially Australia’s sunniest city.
Black & White Cabs has landed in Perth and it’s a great time to join our growing family. If you would like to be your own Boss, you could earn a great income by becoming a professional Perth driver with Black & White Cabs.
It’s easy! Just follow our 5-step guide and you’ll be on your way.
Step 1: National Police Certificate (NPC)
- Application for your NPC can be made from an accredited agency. (Australia Post)
- The NPC must be no older than three months.
- You will need to bring 4 types of ID into a participating Post Office to complete an application in person. Find your nearest one – Click here
Step 2: Department of Transport- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Centre
- Apply for a Metropolitan T (Taxi) extension on your drivers licence, which will qualify you to carry fare paying passengers in a taxi.
To be eligible you must:
- Be over 20 years of age.
- Have held a relevant drivers licence for a minimum of three (3) years.
To apply for the T (Taxi) extension you will need to provide the following documents:
- National Police Certificate.
- Show your proof of identity
- Complete an eyesight test.
- Pay an application fee. More here.
Find your nearest Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) Centre > DVS
Step 3: ABN & GST
- Register for an Australian Business Number (ABN) and Goods & Services Tax (GST) online (Registered).
Step 4: Medical Assessment form.
- You will need a Medical Assessment form plus a Fitness to Drive Form (M107A) completed by your doctor, who will then return these forms to DoT. Detailed instructions are provided on the form.
Step 5: Taxi ID Card.
- Approval will be received by mail
- Once approved to hold a T Endorsement please attend the On-demand Transport office with your valid Western Australian Driver’s Licence to have a photo taken and collect your Western Australian Taxi ID card.
Step 6: Association with TDS- Black & White Cabs (WA) Pty Ltd.
- Complete an Association Agreement and apply for a PIN number.
- Register into the course to suits your availability
Step 7: Association with TDS- Black & White Cabs (WA) Pty Ltd.
- Complete the one day course with our professional Trainer.
- Your PIN is then activatedby Black & White Cabs
If you need more information contact Black & White Cabs on 1300 159 147 or alternatively visit our website on www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au/new-driver and fill in your details.
One of our friendly staff will contact you to assist you with your application.
Driver Engagement Team[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]